- please click here for accommodation in the Outer Hebrides
- A comprehensive guide to accommodation and local attractions can be found at Visit the Hebrides.
- The Tractor Shed Bunkhouse and Camping Huts at Bayhead, North Uist
- Met office weather (inshore waters etc.)
- Met office surface pressure charts
- Magic Seaweed (good wind forecast)
- XC weather (concentrates on wind speeds)
Getting to the outer islands:
- Lady Anne boat trips to the Monachs and around Ronay with Nick Ingledew.
- For trips to St. Kilda on board the Orca.
- To visit Mingulay see Barra Fishing Charters.
Local conservation projects:
- Comann na Mara is a project aimed at creating a marine centre devoted to education and promotion of safe stewardship of the rich waters around Lochmaddy.
- Loch Stiapabhat Local Nature Reserve near the Butt of Lewis has the only bird hide in the Western Isles
Other things to do in the islands:
- Snorkeling in Uist and Benbecula - Tom Rossi is based in Balivanich, Benbecula
- Westside Gallery and Studio - Judith Entwisle-Baker
- Shoreline Stoneware
- North Harris Trust
- Hebrides Light Photographic, Arts and Craft
- Roz Stewart's wildlife gallery
- Skye Birds
- The SOC - Scotland's Bird Club
- Scottish Raptor Monitoring
- Rare Bird Network
- Pelagic Birder Blog
Other Sites of interest:
- Internet Guide to Scotland
- Wildlife Directory
- Guided Birdwatching. com
- Green Day Out
- Outer Hebrides Walks
- Skye Flora